Followers

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

A Place To Start

I guess this is as good a place as any to start...

How long has poetry been with us? [don’t answer] I would not know the correct answer if it bit me in the butt. Suffice to say a long assed time. I do know that people regularly ask if poetry has any relevancy today. Subjective a question as that may be, I personally feel the answer is yes. Still, I suppose the relevance it plays is something that has been challenged over and over throughout the ages. Perhaps it always will. The title of this blog, is simply my humble way of saying, here today, in 2003 poetry has a vibrant role to play in our culture. Like so many other things that have spanned the ages, it has undergone changes. But for this little Stick Person, It is real, it is alive and it has an important place in our human history and living role in our civilization today.

No comments: