Followers

Friday, September 21, 2007

Muldoon to edit New Yorker poetry | News | Guardian Unlimited Books


Muldoon to edit New Yorker poetry News Guardian Unlimited Books: "Paul Muldoon has been appointed the poetry editor of the New Yorker. He is due to take over from Alice Quinn, poetry editor at the weekly magazine for 20 years, in November."

I am a bit surprised by this, though I suppose there is no particular reason to be. Another example of globalization and in poetry I believe that is a positive evolution. Muldoon is rather somber about this business of poetry and that should fit well with The New Yorker. Will it greatly change the substantive nature of poetry in the magazine? Only time can tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that there is a great relation between poetry and fine arts.
here is my photo gallery
Fine Arts