7 Things You Should Know About Writing Poetry:
- Writing poetry can be solitary even amongst other people.
- There will be days you question what you are doing and swear you’ll never write again. This will pass. Often later the same day.
- People will think you are moody because you are a poet. This is not so. Even people who cannot write a single line of poetry can be moody anytime prior to their death.
- You will add years to your life if you can learn to resist trying to explain the meaning of your poetry when people ask.
- It is not mandatory that you be narcissistic to be a poet, but on the other hand it won’t hurt.
- Not everything we write has happened to us. If so, we would all be a little too weird.
- It’s not that our parent(s) didn’t teach us to share; we just tend to get fussy about our writing instruments, journals, and the table at Starbucks we sit at, etc.