Followers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Fell off the NaPoWriMo Wagon

I did it.... I'm confessing and hopping to climb back on. My daughter and her new fiance flew in to town Thursday evening and just left to go back to Arizona this afternoon. It was our first time meeting Derek. Of course if Meghan had been alone it too would have been distracting from poetry. I'm not complaining. I'm glad we had the time with them. I'm just saying that a poem draft a day was not going to survive this event.

So there, I'm bad. I've failed. And now I've gotten it off my chest. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm ready to get going again.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lawson said...

No failure at all. What you were doing was writing a poem in flesh and blood, a poem of pure relationship that will be part of the volumes of your life and your daughter's.

Perhaps one of your best pieces yet when one thinks about it this way.