These three days have been long ones. I've been so anxious for the holiday to start because I truly need a break. But enough of that, it's here!
Tomorrow being thanksgiving I suppose I should take inventory of that for which I am thankful, and there are so many things both large and small. As I make a list here, keep in mind two things... first, this list is in no way inclusive. Second, that order is not reflective of importance. With that disclaimer, here I go.
- MY FAMILY - my wonderful wife and my four children who are all adults now and each one make me proud.
- MY HEALTH - which is reasonably good and what issues I have are well managed.
- MY JOB - at a time when the economy is at a point of great uncertainty, I'm grateful that I have a job.
- BASEBALL - even when it's over for the year, there is the hope it brings with spring.
- BOOKS - food for thought, entertainment, and the simple beauty of language therein.
- HOUSE RERUNS - my addiction
- CHARDONNAY - an occasional glass
- WRITER FFRIENDS - their honesty and the time they give in critique of your work.
- C-PAP MACHINE - this I have a love hate relationship with.
- FALL COLORS - reds, rusts, amber and gold.
- CALLS FROM MY KIDS - knowing they are safe
- $1.37 GAL GAS - what I paid today!
- MAPLE SYRUP - in limited amounts.
- OUR CAR - the commute would not be possible otherwise.
- SLEEP - as needed.
I'm sure I could go on, but where would I stop? So, I stop here.
photo credit: www.freeimages.co.uk