I’d like to say that this has been a relaxing and enjoyable three day weekend, but it hasn't. I will spare the details but it has been very depressing and difficult to function for very long with succumbing to the sadness.
I am however going to do a few journal bits form the past, since I’ve neglected to do this for a while.
- MAY 26 – If my mind were a box, what would the corners be like? What would be in the corners? I think my mind might be a bit like my desk at work. I see the corners as a place things might gravitate to. Important things that are looking for a place to be found
- MAY 28 – How do you go about claiming a gut level feeling or experience that is clumsy in translation?
- MAY 30 - “… it has been hard to write-“
- MAY 30 - frailty of trust's small black eyes / cut to the heart of the matter
- MAY 30 – J. D. McClatchy from The Poets Notebook Pg 155 “On the overemphasis of clarity in writing: A. J. Liebling said the only way to make clear pea soup is to leave out the peas.”