Followers

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Wishing everyone a safe and joyous Thanksgiving

The day is starting out here cold with an overcast sky, a clear reminder that it's fall.

This Thanksgiving morning I just wanted to take a brief inventory of some of the many blessings that I am thankful for:

  • Family - I have the best! A very loving & supportive wife. Four smart and tremendously funny children (each in their own way) and Harper, our granddaughter who is amazing, fun, frick'n brilliant and dances with the beat of the rhythm night (DeBarge)
  • Health - I remain in good health - minus the standard aches and pains. I have what I need to manage my diabetes,
  • My job, my home, - food, shelter, health insurance and clothing. Seriously, we often take these things for granted; so many around the world would trade places with us in a heart beat.
  • Friends- real and the voices in my head ;-)
  • Our pets that love unconditionally and sometimes annoy with equal measure.
  • Books - the window to other worlds, that inform, entertain, and stretch the mind.
  • Writing - the process by which I am able to express myself, dig deep withing my soul, discover, and create art.
  • Art - in all it's forms.
For all this and so much more - I give thanks.



No comments: