It's been umpteen games of Words with Friends, 3 watermelons, two submissions, 28 pages of journaling, three bags of Booterscotch M&M's, one dental cleaning, too many insect bites and three weeks since my last confession.
- I realize that there are certain things that are synonymous with the process many writers have and these typically include the ingestion of certain drinks such as coffee, wine, tea, or other libation. Also, among the solid foods group a premium seems to universally be placed on chocolates, Girl Scout Cookies, Oreos Cookies, etc. I'm here to tell you that while Chocolates in general are still on my list, M&M Chocolate candies are dead to me. That's right. Deader than a dead poet. But what M&M's have going for them is a new special edition variety called White Boo-terscotch. I confess these are to die for! They are only available at Target stores and my guess is that M&M Candy Company is planning them to be only a fall variety. My recommendation is for them is to keep them after fall, Change the name simply to White Butterscotch M&M's and distribute them across all their markets. I'm telling you, No more Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut, Chocolate Almond, M&M's for me. The Peanut Butter have never been able to compete with Reese's Pieces.
- This week I began keeping better tabs on the actual time I spend writing. I confess that I can't tell you what I've done since my last confession but I can tell you that I spent 5-1/2 hours this week ending today. Not quite happy with this amount though I know the most important thing is the quality. Still, you have to get words on a page to get quality stuff.
- I confess that I have spent this past week doing the comparison thing to other poets and I am very aware that this is not a good thing to do, but sometimes it is just so hard not to.
- As I am writing this tonight, Silas, my German Shepard is curled up beside me on the floor in my studio. Often, it's Madison, my long haired Dachshund who keeps me company when writing so I have to confess this is kind of a treat to have him here with me.
- Cathy is out tonight helping a friend and will not be home till late. I made her Gluten Free Brownies as a treat for when she gets home. I confess that I hope they are editable. I've never made them before.
- I am so tired of insect bites this summer. Someone once told me that a lot of them are drawn to people with diabetes. I have no idea how factual that may be but I confess I am tired of just going out to bring the dogs in from out back feeling a whole new crop of bites each time.
- I've been trying to read some new to me, more obscure poets lately. I confess it is always exciting to find a new gem among them.
- I believe I'll have a couple Butterscotch M&M's and call this done!
Thanks for stopping by.... until next time, be safe and joy life!