Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2005

United for Peace and Justice - Saturday, September 24 Massive March, Rally & Festival

United for Peace & Justice - Saturday, September 24 Massive March, Rally & Festival


I wanted to share this information with Stick Poet readers. Any of you that are within the proximity of D.C. - this is your opportunity to make a statement to the Administration and Congress that enough is enough!

Sam Hamill of Poets
Against the War
has put out a call for support from the poetry community.

While I can't physically be there this weekend, I am there in spirit.

2 comments:

Jonah said...

There may be a local event in your area. I know this is here in OKC. Check with your local peace group.

Michael A. Wells said...

Yes, we have had them in the past. There may be something this weekend but I have not seen or heard about it through the typical channels. I usually will get an e-mail- sometimes two or three for the same event from different contacts.

I have some close friends that are leaving tomorrow morning. One is a writing instructor from one of the local colleges that I know and her husband.