Followers

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Bohemian Ball (Blues & BBQ) - Kansas City Writers

The Bohemian Ball (Blues & BBQ)

The Writers Place
3607 Pennsylvania
Kansas City, MO 64111



Saturday September 30th

6 pm - 10 pm

Tickets $20



Don't miss The Writers Place fall fun-raiser!



LIVE MUSIC: The Doghouse Daddies with special guests Brother Iota (www.doghousedaddies.com)



Food & Refreshments: Grilling hotdogs, burgers & veggie burgers; potato salad, baked beans, & more! Beer provided by Boulevard Brewery.



Costumes - Come dressed as your favorite literary figure and win great prizes for the best costume!



Silent Auction - Maryfrances is putting together some a series of wonderful baskets that you will absolutely want to take home with you!



Admission is a bargain at $20! We need your help so the Writers Place can be ready for the high utility bills this winter.



To purchase tickets call 816.753.1090. Tell your friends, buy tickets for your neighbors, help get the word out.

4 comments:

Lucindyl said...

Does this mean you won't be attending the State Poetry Society convention? Or do I have my dates confused?

Michael A. Wells said...

I believe the State Convention is the 29th and 30th. To answer your question, no I had not planned on attending. Are you a member of the State Society?

Lucindyl said...

No, I'm not, although the last time the convention was held in Springfield, I did attend 1). to hear X.J. Kennedy and Marcus Cafagna read and 2). to check out the Society itself. It was an educational experience.

I asked about this years, because I live even nearer Lebanon than Springfield, and will be at a family reunion even closer'that weekend. We've got some of Leaux's poetry, and we'd love to hear him read, so if I can get the reading times out of Velvet (who has been a friend since I was a little girl), Great Scott and I will likely go to the reading. Just thought if we were going to be in the same place at the same time, I'd keep an eye out for the infamous Stick-Poet Superhero.

Michael A. Wells said...

LOL, In the Spandex suit and cape? Not a pretty sight.