Followers

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Reality

"In an age of synthetic images and synthetic emotions, the chances of an accidental encounter with reality are remote indeed." -Serge Daney


Happened upon it once; I thought,
but not certain for its' being
I auctioned it off to the high bidder
(likely a fool) taking my chance
at another spin. Besides,

my pockets were full of icons
and one can never be certain when
you'll have to lighten the load
as there are many artifacts left

along life's traveled paths.
The ruts wide and deep from
the burden others felt. In
their abandon did they discard

reality? Was theirs the "Real McCoy"?
Plastic bottles, Coke cans, CD disks, and
AOL Frisbees clutter my path. Once I saw
an Eight Track-something-or-other and wondered,

What's up with that? Preacher can you tell me
is this sinful? Should I feel guilt or sorrow
or both? Can you hear my confession and is
my emotion genuine? How about your absolution?

No comments: