Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Mag 191


le Jardin, 1962, by Max Ernst 


Cartographers Woman

He is one given to meticulous detail,
appreciates boundaries, and topography.

He has an eye for cityscapes, rolling hills-
the arches and clefts.

He sees beauty in the world
where others see the mundane.

Everywhere the lines and curves 
converge for him and they come to life.

A rivers path carved out of the land
over time reveals swaying hips. 

In rolling hills he sees the waves of hair
falling over shoulders and too the fullness

of breasts and the cleavage that runs between
the rounded tops that softens out into the larger plains.

In the contours of it all he sees her face, 
her long white legs and feels her every bit alive.

He believes he is the luckiest man for he sees
his woman is everywhere. 



Michael A. Wells




9 comments:

Berowne said...

Beautiful response to the prompt...

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely write...I think my new favorite of yours...

Michael A. Wells said...

LOL, Tess I think you said the same thing for the last one, or maybe the one before.

Unknown said...

Or a lucky woman to have a man that sees her beauty everywhere!

gautami tripathy said...


Such a flow! Beautiful!!

erosion

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I would love any man to look at me like this! Bravo!

phil said...


Wonderful

Bravo!

Helen said...

I like this man .. What he sees .. How he sees. I have missed the last several Magpie challenges, nice to see this one.

21 Wits said...

Wonderful write, and perfect for this photo. I missed doing this one myself, I wish I'd had time.