Followers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mag 121: What I Count On

Still Life, 1670, detail by Jean François de Le Motte


The notes, lists, inventory of thought and miscellaneous,
my refuge for information is all there. I've come to depend
on a singular place; vertical and standing put.  


My mind tends to meander more horizontally
these days and often drifts off path. 


When I need to refer to something important
it is that assemblage of what-not 
stapled to the weathered wall that I count on. 


Michael A. Wells


Mag 121

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's interesting that these things are what the "author" counts on...but then again, they are the things NOT put in the box, and left to stay in your face

painting details

Brian Miller said...

The things on the wall like a marker or anchor to pull us back when our mind goes to wandering…sometimes I definitely need those breadcrumbs…

R. Burnett Baker said...

It's what you count on, and what you should encourage other to count on as well!

Brother Ollie said...

great work on this one - oh a common mind frame for poets

Little Nell said...

So true - I do like the boatrd being a ‘refuge’ for important information too.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

this is probably the other part of my thought to the prompt... nicely written...

JJRod'z

Kay said...

lovely words..i think i need to start sticking stuff to the wall!! xx

Tess Kincaid said...

I can so relate to this...

21 Wits said...

So many walls so little time....! So perfectly right on!

Susan Anderson said...

Sorry to say this resonates with me!

=)