Followers

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Breakfast Served Anytime All Day

Cindy Lawson another Missouri writer took me up on my question. What poet/poetry book has meant the most you this year? Cindy's choice was Donald Hall's Breakfast Served Anytime All Day : Essays on Poetry New and Selected. Cindy not only made and excellent case for her choice, but shared some personal insight to her connection with Hall. I recommend heading over to her site and reading her post on this subject. I now have to add this book to my 2005 Reading list. See what I got myself into?

1 comment:

Lucindyl said...

Michael--It's only fair, I suppose, since I now have to read Bly's Morning Poems. Probably time I dove into Bly; after all, he and Hall are old friends, and Bly was responsible for Jane Kenyon's translations of AnnaAkhmatova's poems. Sometimes it's a very small world. Thank you.