WHAT are you reading? An inventory of my night stand currently has the following:
- Early Occult Memory System of the Lower Midwest - B.H. Fairchild
- Conamara Blues - Poems - John O'Donohue
- The Poetry of Pope John Paul II - Roman Triptych Meditations
- A Company of Readers - W.H. Auden, Jacques Barzun and Lional Trilling
- Her Husband - Hughes and Plath - A Marriage - Diane Middlebrook
- Sylvia Plath - A Critical Study - Tim Kendall
- Wintering - Kate Moses
- Oh Sweet Dancer - W.B. Yeats and Margot Ruddoch Correspondence - Roger McHugh
- John Ashbery - Selected Poems - John Ashbery
- The Best American Poetry 2005 - edited by Robert Pinsky
The last book... I picked it up at Barnes & Noble yesterday while browsing there with my wife. Cathy brought it to me and I flipped through it and proclaimed it a gem! The irony of this is that poetry is not really her thing. It has a really good and quite varied selection from a number of very outstanding journals. That I recall off the top of my head - The Hudson Review, Poetry, Sycamore Review, Slate, Ploughshares, New Letters, 32 Poems, Fence and of course The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly just to name a few.
So, what's on your night stand?