A few poets I have read over the past week....
- Susan Hutton in October Poetry Magazine
- Laura Kasischke in October Poetry Magazine*
- John Ashberry in The New Yorker - Oct. 9th
- Jorie Graham in Swarm
- Frank Higgins in Rockhurst Review of Five Arts - Spring 2006 19th Edition.
* I was really excited to see Kasischke in Poetry Magazine. Reading her book, Gardening In the Dark, I was so impressed with her talent for imagery. I did feel her piece in PM was a bit more abstract and I liked that very much.
A few bits from this weeks Journal
- In the villa of fantasy / The dancers wait, /And the passage of time / Slips through the waist / Of a rose colored hourglass / While the mind elicits / Thoughts to choreograph / In Burberry expressions / Of lust and indulgence //
- We could sit in the faint light forever, though we would be pained by spinal failure and in the end become two puddles of red emollient
- Why the diversion? Why the sudden interest in the hue of other lives.
Managed to recycle a submission to another venue this weekend and I have worked on some draft revisions.
On another note, Rogue Poetry Review should be ready by the weekend. I am excited!
Tags: Poets writing and poetry Laura Kasischke Jorie Graham John Ashberry Frank Higgins Susan Hutton Rogue Poetry Review