Followers

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Deep breath

I won't say I'm in a bad mood, but I not exactly chipper either. I've had two grueling days at the office. Then today we were informed that our long standing casual Friday has bitten the dust.

Then let me heap a little more on the pile. This weekend I sort of hit the skids with writing. Everything seemed forced and it bugged the hell out of me. It has been quite a while since I have been in a writing funk, so I suppose I should be grateful for the nice run. No, that is not how one looks at this. Instead, it is like the zit that is bigger than your face.

I'm trying to calm myself down and remember that I've lived through this before and it will surely happen again. So take it in stride and just keep writing. Crap and all. it will work itself out.

Donald Hall is coming into town this month. I'm looking forward to hearing him.

I have a KC Metro Verse meeting tomorrow night.

I've got two places I need to get material off to by the 15th.

Just need to keep myself focused, meet my goals for the month and just write, knowing it will work itself out sooner or later.

2 comments:

Lucindyl said...

Details on the Hall reading, please? Pretty please?

And many happy (belated?) returns of the day, as well. Heck, let's make it many happy returns of the month. January's the best month for birthdays, after all, and anyone born in it surely is of such superiority as to be worthy of a month long celebration.

Michael A. Wells said...

Thanks Jilly!

Cindy I e-mailed you the specifics on Donald Hall's visit. I will post here this weekend in case others are interested.

As for my bithday wish, thank you.
Your coment on the superiority of January people makes me think you must be a Capricorn as well. I think it takes one to really appreciate one. :)