Followers

Thursday, November 08, 2007

The short list

"Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers." -Mignon McLaughlin
Oh my God! How true is that?!!
Anyway, I've thought about the poet I'd pick to spend the day tagging along with (see my earlier post) and it's a tough call. I am narrowing it down... Ok, honestly I kept adding to the list as often as I whittled it. It was like two steps forward and one back. But this is where I am at now...
  • W.S. Merwin
  • Sharon Olds
  • Donald Hall
  • Cecilia Woloch
  • John Ashbery
  • Kim Addonizio
  • Denise Dehamel
There is a lot of variety between these poets, and there is something about each that makes them and or there work fascinating enough to believe that one could learn a lot from them if you had the opportunity to follow, observe, and ask questions of them through a day of watching them work. Now, the trick would be to decide upon just one of them. Oh, and not add any more to the list in the meantime.

No comments: