- 10-12 Forty is still this side / of the curvature of the earth / I see it but I can’t touch it.
- 10-11 The ash tray is dormant. / It occupies space / on the end table / to grandma’s old lamp. / Its empty nest stopped begging / for attention it never gets / about seven years ago.
- 10-09 I saw the winter / slip and slide / nearly out from under you / and the plans you alone held to. / My hands were afraid. / They wanted only to hold / your hands tight / as physically possible
- 10-07 The price for this hunger / a layover of hollow thoughts
- 10-07 If there is a purpose for writing poetry, to me personally it is part personal discovery and part a feeling of some immortality.
- 10-04 When baseball ends / for the year and the night / creeps into the morning hour / the dark will eat you.
- 10-02 “I am not alone / and never will be / your absence is my company.” Claribel Alegria – translated by Carolyn Forche’
Technorati Tags: Journal bits