Finished the off a poem draft – at least as far as I feel I can go today. At that point when you’ve nothing more to add and can think of any more to cut, so it will sit a while and I’ll revisit it at another time.
Picked up a copy of The Complete Poems of anne sexton yesterday at Boarders. When you have a 40% off coupon it’s time to go buy a book.
I got an email telling me that Autumn Sky Poetry No 15 is out. I always enjoy reading what the editor - Christine Klocek-Lim has selected for each issue, so of course I had to check it out. This issue has some outstanding work in it. A few if the poems that really impressed me:
- The Trouble with Hope by Cheryl Snell
- Two Voices: Frida’s Heart by Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda
- Prototype of a Dream Machine by Kristine Ong Muslim
- We Leave the Beaches for the Tourists by Ira Sukrungruang
- After the Tsunami by Katherine Riegel