Followers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

What I’ve been Up To This Weekend

 

asbook

Finished the off a poem draft – at least as far as I feel I can go today. At  that point when you’ve nothing more to add and can think of any more to cut, so it will sit a while and I’ll revisit it at another time.

Picked up a copy of The Complete Poems of anne sexton yesterday at Boarders. When you have a 40% off coupon it’s time to go buy a book.

I got an email telling me that Autumn Sky Poetry No 15 is out.  I always enjoy reading what the editor - Christine Klocek-Lim has selected for each issue, so of course I had to check it out.  This issue has some outstanding work in it.  A few if the poems that really impressed me:

  • The Trouble with Hope  by Cheryl Snell
  • Two Voices:  Frida’s Heart by Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda
  • Prototype of a Dream Machine by Kristine Ong Muslim
  • We Leave the Beaches for the Tourists by Ira Sukrungruang
  • After the Tsunami by Katherine Riegel

 

 

 

No comments: