Followers

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Mo & Journal Bits

Here is Mo in the annual back yard Easter Egg Hunt. Here he is still a little tentative about his find. Mo is just so huggable.

The brisk breeze this afternoon is a nice feeling. I'm concerned about tomorrow though as I have the baseball opener in the afternoon. We may have morning showers... long as they are out of here by noon time, I'm cool with that.


Now for some Journal bits for the past week... March 29 - April 3


  • March 29 - (rough notes from a podcast A Conversation with Andrew Mitchell - at Stanford University on poetic language / Martin Heidegger philosophies) Paraphrasing - Describes poetic language as ambiguous ambiguity - language that is not frozen. The origin of the work of art does not  exhaust itself. Poetry as a way to expose unknowns... we become mortals through our encounters with poetry -Language is relationally defined by poets. Poetry gives name to the gods. 
  • March 31 - I'm thinking about the fact that I'm sweating and its the last day of March. It's hot and I'm in a shitty mood tonight.  
  • April 1 - National Poetry Month begins today and with it, my poem-a day- challenge. This is where it gets all crazy.
  • April 3 - "Under the crush of an August sun / in the baptism of sultry shifting about / I opened my shirt for air-- / the two sides hung / like dead flags on polls / and there was no relief in this."
  • "they walked the path to the creek abreast / as the woods crowed them, he took the lead, / his hand lingering behind in hers." 
  • "If Kipling were here / I'd offer him a piece of mind. / Myopic, crumpled one--" 
  • March 4 - quote by Martin Heidegger "Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one."

No comments: