Followers

Monday, June 06, 2011

What am I Doing this Week?

It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.  ~ Anais Nin



It's a new week.  I'm thinking about Anais Nin's words.  I'm thinking about the difference between writing and writing that is meaningful. Note to self... Step back and look at what you write and revise this week. Even if it is about the familiar, how does it offer a fresh perspective, a different view or image. Am I writing or is this meaningful. If it is not meaningful can I call it art?

1 comment:

JoshuaPMestroni said...

couldn't agree more. Enjoy this quote. I think that is exactly what all of this is, any kind of artistic expression is an act of recreation.

It's in routine that there is the greatest possibilities to think about the extraordinairy and see each day in a new light. I think the expression of that is what poetry is all about (art too I guess seeing as that was what the quote was about)

Anyway, just wanted to say enjoy the links you've put up on your blog. Especially the article by Michelle Obama. I shall be back.