Followers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Yes, I am among the Living

Rumours of my demise are understandable but incorrect.  While I have no idea where the expression sick as a dog came from, that would be me on the right.  By the time I left work last Tuesday I was dragging and feeling a little under the weather. I attributed it mostly to sinus stuff.  I had scheduled a vacation day for Wednesday. Add that to the Thursday & Friday holidays + another two days for the weekend and Walla! You have five days off!  Wrong... Ok, they were days off but hardly qualify as vacation, holiday, I don't even think you can call it a momentary pause in life. No, Wednesday it became pretty evident things more just under the weather.


Basically the 5 days were spent in bed.  No journey to Thanksgiving with the family.  I only left the house for trip to Doctors and then another trip to the ER.  Results pneumonia.  Checked back in with the doctor today. I plan to go back to work tomorrow - at least for a half day and see how I do. I get worn down pretty easy. I'd like to say that I read a book or two over that time, or wrote a reams of poetry.  I did try some writing but maybe have one worthwhile draft from it. I wasn't in the best mood for writing.
That would also be my excuse for not doing Confession Tuesday or Knock My Socks off Wednesday.

Now I'm going to call it a night.



1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Be careful and rest up, Michael. Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with! You need probably twice as much sleep as usual. Take good care, drink lots of fluids, and I hope you feel better soon! (PS Also recommend the pneumonia shot - after you recover. It works for me for at least a few years and even reduces the number of times I get bronchitis...)