Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Naomi Shihab Nye latest book reviewed by Thomas Devaney

Book Review: ‘Transfer’ from Naomi Shihab Nye
Naomi Shihab Nye is one of the most spirited voices in American poetry. The author, editor, and translator of more than 30 volumes, she is best known for her poetry collections Fuel (1998) and You and Yours (2005), and her award-winning anthology of international poems for young people This Same Sky (1992). In her affirming introduction for that book, she writes, “Whenever someone suggests ‘how much is lost in translation!’ I want to say, ‘Perhaps — but how much is gained!’ ” »Read story

3 comments:

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

Love this collection, love this poet. Thanks for sharing.

Michael A. Wells said...

So you've read it... you're ahead of me. I honestly have never met anyone who finds poetry engaging that that has read Nye and not found her to be deeply moving.

CN said...

I love her too! I spent three days at a university workshop just to hear her sing, speak, read poetry.

I've read quite a bit of her and will now order this one...YES she's moving indeed & I love to hear her talk about her father.

connie

http://oneheartforpeace.blogspot.com