April 15th is a day the tends to resonate in the mind of Americans. It's a date that's particularly memorable to us. Ask a married couple what day he/or she proposed and they often won't know right off. What day is Tax Day? April 15. Bang... right away they know the answer.
In American culture taxes have become tied to death as two things you can't get out of. It's no wonder April 15 has become such a dreaded but easily remembered day. In recent years various businesses have played on this trying to evoke some cheer and pleasure in the lives of ordinary people by offering give-a-ways... food and other items of cheer.
This year I've searched for some of the Tax Day Perks and found some interesting things.
- Between 6PM and 8PM stop by participating Cinnabon bakeries and get free Cinnabon bites. A little sweet to make you smile.
- Arby's offers curly fries & potato cakes all day Tax Day with coupon. This is their third annual give-a-way & what's better on such a day then comfort food?
- Office Depot will do up to 5 lbs of shredding for free with coupon on Tax Day
- Get a Tax Day Rib-bate for 2 for $10.40
- White Castle - 15% off entire purchase on Tax Day with coupon.
- Free HydroMassage on Tax Day through April 19 with coupon..
- Sorry, this was for early filers but In LA and San Francisco you could get a "brand new" Trojan Vibrator while supplies last on Thursday and Friday. (Glad they were new). Anyway, this stimulus package may be the most innovative yet.
So if you are feeling blue, and your pockets are now empty, you can find a few ways to pick yourself up after you've paid your taxes.