Followers

Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Mag - 172 / Walled Memories

Charleston Farmhouse Door



It could have been inviting.
An assemblage of colors
whose meaning is subject 
to ones interpretation.

I fancied a room, a child's room.
A room from long ago, 
whose inhabitant unseen
for one reason or another

for numerous years
while a proxy kept
watch over it and for
the return of the child 
grown.

But the lock withdrew
any invitation to the room.
A room unchanged
perhaps dusted pristine.

Perhaps too painful
the memories-
to be reconstructed;
too painful to forget.




Michael A. Wells (c) 2013









12 comments:

Helen said...

Michael, I thoroughly enjoyed this. I found myself creating scenarios - little side stories if you will - about what might have happened to the child. Intriguing .........

jabblog said...

Not inviting but resisting discovery. Very nice.

Laurie Kolp said...

Sad.

Silent Otto said...

Paradoxical Bind !

Little Nell said...

Very much the empty nest - and likely to remain so until the inhabitant unlocks more than the door I think.

Anonymous said...

Your thoughtful words suit the image perfectly wow and for some reason it makes me think of my grandmothers mysterious childhood

Anonymous said...

How imaginative. :-) Beautiful writing. :-)

~Imelda

hyperCRYPTICal said...

My first thought was of a child's bedroom too - with some awful or sad secret locked behind it...
Love what you took from the image.
Anna :o]

gautami tripathy said...

So very beautiful writing......

universe will not hand it over to you

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh yes...this especially struck a chord with me...

Karla B said...

Beautifully penned!

Helena said...

Oh, yes. I can understand the reluctance to re-enter.