Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back From A Weekend Run To St Louis

Back home after a whirlwind trip to St Louis to See Daughter #2.  Haven't done a Journal bits post in a while....  A few things from this past ten days.

  • 9-11-08 "I look at a picture on my desk of all four of our kids together and note their facial features and how much they look alike."
  • 9-11-08 Quite from Rainer Maria Rilke ~  "If my devils are to leave me, I am afraid my angels will take flight as well."
  • 9-13-08 evening... "There is in you what is beyond you"  ~ Paul Valery
  • 9-14-08 The blackened windows was unyielding./There is another side to this-  I dispute,/the blank stare, dark and framed/in a plague of crippling lies./
  • 9-15-08 "conscripted fantasy"
  • 9-16-08 I am better suited for productivity this morning as I am not zoned out on carbs. Life is a balancing act to get enough but not too many.
  • 9-16-08 The language that we cling to is a monument that testifies to the organized progress of man. It is so exciting to be linked to this feat, this act of human achievement by the very use of it on a daily basis.
  • 9-19-08 I got my ass kicked good a the office today.
  • 9-20-08  ...had dinner, tacos from Jack-in-the-Box.
  • 9-21-08 "a box store full of false hope/discount prices and depressed wages

No comments: