Followers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Journal Bits

A micro snapshot of my writing journal...

  • Feb 16 - The short program / uncorked and raw / upon a mirror of ambition
  • Feb 21 - Quoted May Sarton - " Loneliness is the poverty of self, solitude is the richness of self."
  • Feb 25 -  He grew anamated / arms and voice in flight /sure of himself / surer then he's ever been / looking into the mirror / across a table
  • Feb 26 - You never had the good / example that I never had / it's safest in the quiet / in the echo of the shadow / that hasen't moved / but listens

2 comments:

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

I know I'm late to this post, but I wanted to tell you how much I like this idea of micro shots of the poetry journal!

Michael A. Wells said...

Thanks Kristin. I've been doing it periodically for quite a while now.

If nothing else, it makes me go back again and look at things I've written in my journal over the last week to ten days.

A number of my poems get started in my journal and then transfered to my laptop for draft revisions.