Followers

Friday, July 22, 2005

Boxed In Amy Gets Linked

Ah... see what you get for commenting on one of my posts! I'm adding Living Poetry to my sidebar links. Not because Amy commented, but because she commented and has an interesting blog herself. Check it out!

Last Monday she had a post about Knowing When It Works. Boy could I identify with that post having worked last night on something that seemed to be working and after I shut everything down and came up stairs looking at it again, reading it out loud, I thought not. Now it has some possibility but clearly needs to go through the rewrite process. Likely repeatedly. But it is interesting, the question Amy asks. How do you know when it is right? How does truth hit you? I can't say... but it is funny that we seem to come to realize it. More often than not. Thank God!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the kind words and the link--much appreciated!

I'm glad you understood what I was talking about in the post, because it felt a little flaky after I wrote it. I don't usually write about my own process; I like to write about the power of significance of individual poems. But I had a run of good poetry come out of me that week, and I was trying to figure out how I knew it was good. Not that it doesn't need editing, just that the heart of something real is there.