Followers

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dodge Poetry Festival

I heard this morning while listening to NPR that the biannual Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival in coming up. I don't know why it took me by surprise since it happens every other year. I suppose I expected to hear it publicized earlier since it starts September 28th.

A few notables listed for this year's program...


  • Tony Hoagland
  • Gerald Stern
  • Jorie Graham
  • Andrew Motion
  • Lucille Clifton
  • Billy Collins

For Information [click here]

==============

I always feel so much better after submitting poetry. I've been well overdue to get some material out, but I did tonight and I do feel better.

I was also excited that my favorite baseball team, The SF Giants moved into first place last night. I listened to their game this evening as they tried to sweep the San Diego series but lost in extra innings. Was a good game none the less - but they are now a half game back in the standings. Baseball and poetry are so much alike.

No comments: