Followers

Monday, June 04, 2007

long-haired sylvia looking for her ted....

What a gratifying way to start your Monday morning. You open you email and read:

"Thanks for submitting these. I'm happy to accept them. They will do nicely in the next issue... I hope these won't be the last I'll see from you"

I am so easily amused. I enjoy looking to see what kinds of searches bring people to this site. As I have reported in the past, there are some truly interesting things that pop up. Among the greats is this first timer that came up today:
  • long-haired sylvia looking for her ted

followed by some others that often reoccur or at least come up in similar fashion...

  • published superhero poem (multiple times)
  • nude super heroes (multiple times)
  • super hero poem
  • i am a superhero quote
  • superhero poems (multiple times)
  • when life gets you down superhero quotes
  • question of interview of super hero
  • a superhero of kansas
  • meaning of earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with god (don't ask me, I just report these)

So there are a few and I am sure you begin to realize as I have the common theme of superhero resurfacing over and over. In the past I've has some other interesting variations of Stick Poet. Thinks like beating poets with sticks, sticky poets, poet superheros, stick people poets... it goes on.

These searchers must be terribly disappointed not to find super hero poems here. I have never written one. Though I have been tempted, I have resisted. Perhaps feeling too close to the subject. So just for fun... ( remember I am easily amused) consider this a call for poems about a superhero. Not any superhero mind you, but "Stick Poet" superhero.

For the next week, e-mail me your best effort at a Stick Poet Superhero poem. I promise I'll post them all on here ( the good, the bad, and the ugly) and then you can all vote on the best one. In the end, those who keep coming here in search of super hero poems will at last feel there Google searches are not have been in vain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Get Fuzzy this week the dog is writing superhero stuff.

Michael A. Wells said...

Oh, My daughter loves Get Fuzzy. I haven't seen it in a long time. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks Jilly!