Followers

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Day 5 - My Death

My Death

My death was timeless.
It also was not anticipated
In the way one expects high humidity
On a hot summer afternoon
After a thunderstorm passed through.

Oh, I am sure some predicted it
Would come sooner later.
There are after all, those who believe
The Cubs will win the World Series this year.
Such people may be discounted
Either for their connection with the occult
Or because they have suffered concussions at some point.
Betting people would do well to stay clear of them.

The newspaper back in my little pea pod home town
Called my demise unfortunate
Due to the loss suffered by my insurance company.

Folks mostly went about their routine the day of my funeral
And the general store ran a special
On cigarettes and beer.
There are those who called me a good man
When they checked out.

2 comments:

Billy Jones said...

"The newspaper back in my little pea pod home town
Called my demise unfortunate
Due to the loss suffered by my insurance company."


I love it! I can so relate to feeling like this-- too good.

Michael A. Wells said...

bj~

glad you enjoyed...