Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

San Francisco Broke

Photo_092408_001

Yes, sadly my San Francisco Snow Globe on my office desk crashed to the floor one day last week. I moved my monarch planner and it pushed a stack of files forward toppling the the city in a bubble to the floor where it exploded with a loud pop; water and sparkles rained all over my carpet. 

The globe as a gift a from my son number of years ago.  He knows besides being an avid San Francisco Giants fan, I love the city itself. I realized how naked that corner of my desk appeared this afternoon.

The day had a number of other disasters – all survivable but still, it ranks low on my list of great days.

On a brighter note, I have completed a rough draft of a Mission Statement. I just need to refine it a tad bit, but I am close to finished. I’m mostly trying to reduce it (the language) to tighten it up a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Please use "San Francisco Broke" as a title or in a poem -- it's fantastic!

Michael A. Wells said...

Kell... I'll work on that :)