Followers

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Confession Tuesday - Miracle Edition

It’s Tuesday though it really doesn’t feel like it to me so before it turns Wednesday already, let go the Confessional.


Dear reader…

I confess that for the first time in I don’t know, like almost forever I did not watch the Indy 500 this weekend. I love the Indy 500. I don’t care for NASCAR racing but I love the open wheel Indy cars. So how did this happen? I was pretty much overcome by an incident this weekend. I didn’t intentionally not watch it, it just completely fell off my radar till after it was over.

What was a horrific injury to one of our dogs that left him injured and unable to move his legs left a cloud over the entire household. He spent the weekend and right up till this morning in an animal hospital. The fear and I would add assumption was that he suffered a spinal cord injury. Diagnostics and treatment of such would be enormously costly and with guarded prognosis. This morning he came off the intense steroid treatment and pain killer IV and was transferred to a neurologist.

I confess that this weekend I pretty much lived on prayers that somehow there was a bit of hope for Klaus.

Around 10:30 this morning the news came that the neurologist felt he did not have a spinal cord injury but that he would make a recovery. Even two ribs that the animal hospital believed were broken did not appear to him to be broken. He has sent Klaus home to us with instructions for him to be allowed to move as much as he wants and if after two weeks he is not up and walking – he will talk with us about physical therapy.

I confess that I do believe in miracles.

1 comment:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Yeah Klaus! I believe in miracles. I am so glad he will make a full recovery! What a cutie pie. I'm so glad things worked out. I *heart* our animals friends. Take care! Sounds like a scary stressful weekend!