Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confession Tuesday – Anniversary Edition

DSCI0014
   It’s Tuesday again. That means confession time. Come with me to the confessional…











Dear Reader:

Today is the 36th Anniversary for Cathy and I.  While 36 years can seem like a long time, it’s not long enough….

I confess that I wish I could tell Cathy that I won the Power Ball Lottery last night but alas I cannot.  I buy tickets because she asks me to. I’ve never been crazy about state lotteries. I imagine that many people use what is otherwise non-expendable cash to chase a win / dream.  I hear stories about people who win the lottery and their lives are ruined. Cathy works very hard… I know lots of people work hard but she works especially long hours and I confess I would love to say to her look, you don’t have to do this anymore.  She tells me if we were to win, we would not be one of those couples who watch their lives crumble around them. I confess that I believe she is serious about this.

I confess I made a run to the Evil Empire last night. I haven’t been to Wal-mart in a long time. I try not to take my business there. I was a Target earlier but realized we needed something much later at home after Target was closed.

Amid the World Cup hoop-la I confess to being a scrooge.  When I was about 13, I played soccer. My heart wasn’t in it. I wanted to play ice hockey and ultimately did get to for a time but I always found it hard to figure out why people would run around a soccer field for so long, expending so much energy to personally put the ball in play 3 to six times.  The other thing is that there was so much talk about how Soccer was going to take the US by storm. By Storm!?  Ok, that was  44 years ago. Hello!

I confess I’m not really in as sour a mood as this post likely sounds like. Really, this is a happy day!!!  I have the best wife who loves me in spite of my flaws. I confess I am so very fortunate.

No comments: