Followers

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Magpie Tales 39

Making Time


A meager urge to procrastinate
rests below the surface-

I can look the other way
scratch in the gravel
and miss a good part of the day

if I'm lucky, no.
It's like a crime
that never pays.

My great grandfather
in his old age-
the hardening
of arteries years,
would move his pocket watch
backwards or forward
to suit himself.

He could make of time
what he wanted.

Few of us
have that luxury.




2010 © Michael A. Wells – all rights reserved




Magpie Tales 39

10 comments:

Claudia said...

..i would love to have that luxury..
i like your magpie..like a crime that never pays..and the use of the pocket watch which can be put backwards or forward to suit...really nice

Unknown said...

we have the greatest control when we let go

Brian Miller said...

i like the pocket watch touch as well...have one on my dresser from my grandfather....very nice mag!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

heartfelt words.
lovely tale.

Julie said...

What a useful idea! I used to move New Years when the kids were young ... had not occured to me to move it to suit me ... mmm ...

Tess Kincaid said...

He could make of time what he wanted.

I love that.

Helen said...

Me too ... the moving of a pocket watch to suit one's mood ~ lovely concept!

Anonymous said...

A meager urge...
leaves the reader with a large appetite for more :)

Helena said...

That luxury....few indeed. Nice 'pie.

Tumblewords: said...

ah, very nice!