Followers

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Confession Tuesday


Dear Reader:  It's been one week since my last confession. A week that saw me hall all the plants inside as the temperatures dropped.

This past week I got a lot of writing done. Over 7 hours and that's actual writing and re-writing drafts... not including journaling or blogging stuff. I confess that I had distractions to deal with but I meet them and worked through. (insert pat on back)  I actually did feel frustrated at times so maybe the pat isn't deserved, but then I did surpass the previous week's writing.

I've decided that I need an art date really soon.  I saw a quote the other day that really hit home with me. I'm sorry to say at the moment I cannot recall the person to give proper credit to but I will try and find it later. For now I'm paraphrasing it... Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. I confess that disturbed rather then comfortable seemed to describe me much of this past week. So I'm feeling especially needy of an art date. I'm pretty certain that it would not hurt my writing one bit.

I am sort us upping the ante on my writing for the rest of the year. I confess that I am in a driven sort of energy mode and I want to keep it up because the fall and winter time of the year are generally tough on my emotions. I'm hopeful that I can channel that into more positive successes in my writing by staying committed and being more focused.

There you have it. Everyone go in peace and I'll be back next Tuesday with another round of confessions. I promise!

1 comment:

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

I hope you get to treat yourself to that date soon! Happy writing.