Followers

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The clutter of blank stares

So National Poetry Month is past, but I still have a treasure trove of wonderful quotes from poets. Hence I will continue to spoon feed them to you but perhaps not on a daily basis.

The Poet's Quote for today:
"How frail the human heart must be - a mirrored pool of thought. " ~Sylvia Plath

And here is a snip-it from one of my older works:

The clutter of blank stares
In a multitude of fun house mirrors
Each one, my own washed-out
Version of despair.

Wow, nice acquisition for Princeton University:
Library acquires archives of prominent literary magazine

Tags:

2 comments:

Billy Jones said...

Stopping by to invite you to submit your blog’s RSS feed to Poets101.com. Later --Billy The Blogging Poet BloggingPoet.com

PS. I hope I haven't already told you.

Michael A. Wells said...

Yes you have, but that's ok... It reminded me to do so today.

Thanks!