Followers

Monday, January 05, 2009

It's In The Mail..... almost

images

 The procrastination is over.  I've readied my submission to an annual review that I am especially fond of.  This will be my third year of submission. The first year - zing I was accepted. Last year nada. So I'm trying to remain hopeful that this years material has something that will stick. Everything all done up and stamped. Just need to drop it in the mail in the morning.

For some reason I always feel good when I submit to this review. I don't know why, I just do. Anyone feel that way about any place in particular that you send your work?

Word List:

A new year calls for a new word list. I decided this on the way home from the office tonight.  I sometimes get away from my list and it really is sad, because having a list of uniquely interesting words at my finder tips often will spark something. That's just a side benefit. What I rely on the list for is to get me away from using the same words often when I'm writing. If I use it, I cross it off my list. The idea is to keep adding words even as I subtract them.

Feeling kind of yuckie tonight. Almost like I'm trying to come down with something. Headache and mussels ache. I think I'll try and read a while, if my eyes and my head will cooperate.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I wrote really really really bad poetry a long time ago but some of it is not bad now. I think I'm ready to submit to a review somewhere too. Probably start with a Canadian one cause that's where I hail from.

This is inspiring! Thanks.

Michael A. Wells said...

Best of luck Jannie.