Followers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Likes and Dislikes

wordspic

I've been spending a lot of time writing this weekend and as words have flown in and out of my my head I've been naming them good words and bad words. Of course the good and bad designations are nothing more then reflections of my personal likes and dislikes.So tonight I thought I'd list a few words that tickle my fancy and some that I simply do not care for.  In some instances it's that sound of the words that I like or dislike. In other, I'm fascinated by some aspect of the word, its meaning, etymology, etc. So without further ado, I give you some of my likes and dislikes from our language.

Likes Dislikes
elliptical stutter
exude heir
puce vomit
ubiquitous mayonnaise
pathogen infomercial
explicit Raspberry
irascible irksome
prevaricate bile
coetaneous foil
awe sideburn
toasty lash
vulnerable dwarf
arbitrary mumble
immune pungent
crumpet snub
oscillate squeal
Formica liquefy
capsulate winch

 

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: