Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Weekend Summery

Updating Tour de France Fantasy Cycling team  results between my daughter and I.  Drum Roll Please......

  • Team Poetry - 306  (my team) 
  • DieuxVelo - 91 (Meghan's)

Being a San Francisco Giants fan, I was skipping around here after learning that on Friday night Jonathan Sanchez threw the Giants' first no-hitter since 1976, blanking the Padres, 8-0.    Highlight here

Writing this weekend has been touch-and-go.  Not nearly go as well as I'd like.  Perhaps I set my bar a little high as I really was expecting a lot out of myself this weekend. I'm thinking perhaps I had too many distractions.

Speaking of distractions, I read an interesting piece in the NY Times - Habitats for a Writer - a Home with a Hideout.   Audio Slide Show

Oh, and I read a poem of Kelli Russell Agodon's that was outstanding in so many ways. It can be read at DMQ Review - "Death & Birth in a Chinese Restaurant"

No comments: