Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Enough Suspense Already....




On Monday I reported that I had some exciting news from over the weekend without offering specifics. Some have asked me if this news involves a book and while the answer to this is unfortunately no, I can however tell you that it is none the less the most exciting news I've had for quite some time.
 
Sunday, I learned that two of my poems were selected to inspire work by Jennifer Rivera, a talented abstract painter who is preparing for a poetry themed gallery showing at the Apex Art Space in the Crossroads District in Kansas City. For those not local, the Crossroads District has become the premier hub for art in the metropolitan area. "Synesthesia" will run for two months. My poems will appear along with the final paintings. She has selected work from a number of poets, some local and some from other parts of the country.
 
Jennifer has some awesome paintings! You can see a portfolio of her art and learn more about her at her web site. This is so exciting because I love abstract art in all forms. Having seen pictures of her work I am thrilled at the prospect of what she will produce in response to my poems.
 
Closer to the event I'll provide details about the dates and times of the showing. Of course it would be exciting to see a lot of my friends on the opening night, but for two months people will get an opportunity to see all of the poetry inspired work of Jennifer's.



* photo insert Jennifer Rivera

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am quite thrilled for you.

Look forward to seeing what she does with your work.

Mark
Cats with Thumbs

Jeannine said...

Congrats! That is great news.

Also, I'll confess that when I opened up this blog post, I thought, "Why does he have a picture of Buffy the Vampire Slayer up with this post?"

Michael A. Wells said...

Thanks Mark!

Thanks Jeannine! LOL, cracking me up about Buffy.

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Congrats! Great news! (And jeannine's comment cracks me up! ;-)

Michael A. Wells said...

Thanks Kelli! Northwest Poets are funny AND talented ;)

GS Spring Sprint said...

Oh Jeanine!!!! That is too funny! I have actually been compared to Buffy in the past (an older version, no doubt)! Alas...I am not a vampire slayer - just a paint slayer! ;O)

-Jennifer