Followers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Place to Kill Some Time. You Won't Regret It!

If you are looking for some awesome poetry to read / listen to - I have just the recommendation. Today I settled in and took in Nic Sebastian's Forever Will End on Thursday .  Just as Nic had done with the audio of poems by many others, she delighted me with her readings.  The writing is strong, the reading is captivating. I've heard so few people even come close to adding such a positive dimension to any one's work orally. Some people are more into spoken word poetry. I don't considered myself one of them. While I personally do enjoy giving readings and going to readings-- if I had to choose between the written word and spoken word I would choose written hands down. I'm pretty visual about poetry in that I like to see how it fills the page. That said, Nic has the ability to make the words on a page mystical.

By the way, one of my favorites among her poems as part of the link above is Oboe. In the Poems II section there are three poems that are titled  Places of Happiness (followed by three different places) each of these have such a bright lyrical quality.  I can't really do any of these poems justice here... go and listen for yourself!  Which ones speak to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely of you! Thanks for taking the time to read/listen and comment - it's so nourishing to hear reactions to one's poems! Best wishes, Nic

Michael A. Wells said...

Ah but I just feel the need to let people now - and it one is too lazy to read it... just listen! This work is well worth the read and a delight to listen to.

Anyway, you are very welcome... and Thank You!