Followers

Friday, May 27, 2005

Ready to let go of this week...

Alas, Friday has arrived. This has been a week from hell. Not only that, it has been a part of a string of such weeks. Besides being Friday, I am starting to feel somewhat human again. Not great mind you, but I can almost feel that hope of normalcy again. Normal is such a great place... Wherever and whatever it is.

I have to laugh at Ivy's post from several days ago where she quotes Henry Ward Beecher...
"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" And just think, in the 1800s he never saw a Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com.

I am supposed to present some of my writing Sunday afternoon at the northland writers group so I need to get my stuff together tomorrow. Then Sunday evening, following writers group, it's back into the city as, I plan to read at:

Prospero's Pit
Sunday, May 29
6:30 PM
1800 W. 39th
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 531-WORD
Thought for the day....
Everyone who drinks is not a poet. Some of us drink because we're not poets. ~From the movie Arthur

1 comment:

Anonymous Poet said...

What if everyone WERE a poet? And DID drink? Imagine the possibilities. . . .