Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Confession Tuesday


It seems like Tuesday has crept up on me today. I just had not given it much thought and it sort of thumped me against the side of the head just a while ago… it’s Tuesday, you need to get to the confessional!



So here I am dear reader…



Last night I said something in the car in a moment of thought that was embellished in a bit of childlike excitement. My wife said to me that sometimes it seems she is married to a 5 year old. I don’t think it was intended to be a complement. I mean there was not particularly a tone of humor in her voice, nor was there really a scornful tone. Still, I confess that I was somewhat conflicted. I admit I can at times let my inner child come out to play. Don’t we all have one? Now I’m thinking perhaps that is her point. “We” don’t all have one. Could it be that I laugh at things or say things like this a little too often?



Have most people my age put their inner child to rest permanently long ago? I can be a very serious person. Some have even suggested in the past that I take things too seriously. So if I attempt balance and let the little fellow out, is it a bad thing?



Till next week… I’m waiting now for my penance –



Share

No comments: