Followers

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Pleasant Find

I was looking through some of my sent mail and cleaning out stuff tonight when I ran across a draft of a poem written in July of 2009 that I sent to some poet friends that were sharing drafts back then.  There was a draft that I had forgotten though reading it after all this time I realized it was a remarkably strong draft to have since been overlooked. This was a surprising find and I promptly moved a copy of it to a working draft folder.

This likely is not an isolated incident for me.  I'm pretty sure I've a trail of promising drafts that have become neglected orphans. I need to revisit my old journals and old e-mails more often.

Do you have rough diamonds languishing in your sent folder, an obscure file folder on your computer or hard copies stashed in a drawer someplace? 




2 comments:

Marion said...

Oh, man, I have file folders (real and virtual) lurking everywhere. I'm a teeny bit of a file and book hoarder, but I have about 100 pounds of books behind me packed up in boxes to go to the library sale. A friend posted this line which really hit home with me and I've begun organizing my books and stuff: "Everyone gets organized at some point, they just might not be around for it."

Michael A. Wells said...

Ouch... That's foor for thought Marion.

But can people really be book hoarders? Wouldn't a "so called" book hoarder just be a satellite repository for knowledge?