Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confession Tuesday - 13 Confessions Edition

Funny how Tuesday seems to roll around quickly no matter how fast the rest of the week drags on.  Let’s head to the confessional.

Dear Reader:

I confess the philodendron on my desk at the office is talking to me at me. In an ever weakening voice I can faintly hear the words, “water me.”
~0~
I confess that I’m becoming annoyed at technology. Especially when that technology has to do with phones.  I am increasingly annoyed by the following in no specific order, spam coming to my phone e-mail and text messages, work related e-mails that arrive on my personal phone on Sunday or late hours of the night., my own habit of using it to play games when I’m especially bored, and when others texting like mad in my presence.

There is no rational to finding what others do on their phone in my presence being any worse then me doing it, they both bug me. One thing I’ve made a conscious effort at is to try and not mess with my phone a lot when I’m eating out with others. I heard an NPR segment a week or so back about people who park their phone in the evening as opposed to carrying it around with them. I rather like that idea.

I confess that my tech annoyances also include Facebook but I have yet to swear it off.
~0~
I confess I was kidnapped in a dream the other night. I don’t know it ended badly or not.
~0~
I confess that I have been drinking more tea and less Diet Coke the past couple of weeks.
~0~
I confess seeing the geese on the field across the street this morning made me smile.
~0~
I confess that frustration seems to be a natural part of life as a writer and I don’t know how to change or even lessen the frustration significantly.
~0~
I confess I added a bit of honey to the peas I cooked the other night.
~0~
I confess need to read poems out loud more often.
~0~
I confess I think other people should read poems out loud too
~0~
I confess that I am astounded how little knowledge my 17 year old niece has of things outside of her seemingly tiny world.  I confess this worries me concerning the future of our country.
~0~
I confess that I am confessed out!

No comments: