Followers

Sunday, February 09, 2014

MAG 206: A Day of Nothing Together



It's morning
you've got everything
I've got nothing

You've got work
chatter at the water cooler
lunch somewhere-    maybe
with someone.
a world awaits you

I've got sunshine
through the morning window
and my hat - only my hat on.

You've got world,
I've got window.

Look am me-
I am what you see
unencumbered by trappings-

I offer you a kiss-
blown without strings attached.

But  I remain here,
an offer to you-

come, let's have a day of nothing
together.



Michael Allyn Wells

Mag 206





8 comments:

Kaye Waller said...

Really beautiful. Perfect.

Helen said...

Michael ... Michael, one of your finest, ever!!! I am loving all of the male responses to Tess' photo this week. Priceless.

Katherine said...

A day of nothing ... I like that!

Tess Kincaid said...

I'll take the window...wonderful wonderful write Michael...

Kathe W. said...

a day of nothing together is much to be desired!

Belva Rae Staples said...

Keep the water cooler and the window. I want the hat. Nice writing!

21 Wits said...

Ah yes, those can be the best days ever.

Cait O'Connor said...

I like this original take on the pic.