Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Hump Day Blog

I have to take a moment to again comment on Crystal Lyn King's work.

"It flooded through me.
An invisible deluge. Soundless."

Those words from her poem Adrenaline are a tiny part of a swift but quiet overtaking of my soul with a powerful stimulant. Flooded, rushing, creating exuberance and power within. This poem recalls those times I was filled with such energy bursts. I think back in particular on some elections campaigns where the last 48 hours were fueled largely by adrenaline. Thanks Crystal for recreating this. I especially like the final stanza... but I won't give it away. Go to her site and check it out yourself. Experience the entire piece.

*********

You you haven't responded to yesterdays poll, please do. Thanks!

*********

Crag Hill - paints an interesting poetic forecast. I found it amusing. Crag, I'll be looking for those periods of imagery and metaphor this weekend.

No comments: