Followers

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Pardon My Decompression

The election decompression is still in progress. This is not to be confused with depression, although you can be assured there is some of that. Just regaining some grounding in where we are and what the future may hold is a part of that decompression that follows an election of major significance.

I note that Eileen Tabios blogged some on the election, and need to try digest what she is saying. I will have a postmortem but not today. For those of you that may not be aware, I have spent a good portion of my life immersed in politics. I served for 14 years (7 terms) on the as Democratic Committeeman in Jackson County, Missouri. I was also Democratic Party Chairman in Jackson County between 1988-1990. Enough on this for now, I just wanted to let my readers know that I will not let this pass without comment.

In the meantime. I arrived home yesterday to a pleasant surprise. In the mail I had a CD with 20 poems - recorded live from the Aldeburgh Poetry Festival. The CD came from The Poetry Trust. Since two poets I adore are Billy Collins and Sharon Olds, imagine how excited I was to see they each had a poem in this collection. It could not have come at a better time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I didn't mean to denigrate any efforts by anyone who campaigned against Bush, so much as to say that I'd really wished the DNC campaign went better so as to have a different result than what we have. Sorry if I offended and please chalk up some of my recent posts' sentiments to ...

SHEER FRUSTRATION

over the political landscape.

I'm not a Democrat (I'm an Indie). But I would certainly have rather had your man win.

Still attempting decompression,
Eileen